The following symptoms may appear 2-14 days after an exposure:
- Shortness of breath
Emergency warning signs* include, but aren't limited to:
- Trouble breathing
- Constant pain or pressure in the chest
- Confusion or inability to arouse
- Bluish coloration to the face or lips
*Seek immediate medical attention if you experience any emergency warning signs.
What should I do if I am showing symptoms of COVID-19 or I believe I might have been exposed?
If you are concerned about your risk of developing COVID19, please contact your medical provider or the Illinois Department of Public Health at 1-800-889-3931.
If you are experiencing any symptoms and need to seek treatment, please do the following:
- Call your provider prior to arriving at your appointment.
- Avoid close contact with people by putting distance between yourself and others.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If a tissue is not available, cough into the bend of your elbow.